Spain and France tour to discover Catalonia, a territory not limited by the Pyrenees
This interesting cultural tour needs 5 to 7-nights to be performed. Catalonia, at the Spanish border with France, has frequently been a disputed territory of the two nations or former kingdoms. Shared history and a common language make Northern and Southern Catalonia (first in France, second in Spain) an interesting destination crossed by the Pyrenees and Andorra.
The airport of Girona can be a good starting point.
- Girona and Roses in Catalonia
- Céret, Colliure, Perpignan, Prades in Occitaine
- On the way back, still Puigcerdà, Andorra…
This Catalan tour is an excellent combination of
- Beautiful coastal and mountain landscapes,
- Romanesque Art, Modernism and Art Déco
- Cathar castles and abbeys
And all along, great culinary and wine experiences!